We thank all our guests for honoring us with their presence and participation.
Please check out the post below for some of the wonderful work showcased as well as pictures and videos from the event.
Photos from Event
Dr. Alan Wright provided a wonderful presentation on the top ten reasons to celebrate our project. Please see this list below:
Tikkun Youth Project
April 9, 2015: Year 1 Celebration
Presentation by Dr. Alan Wright, Acting Dean of Education and Academic Development & Vice-Provost Teaching and Learning.
Top ten reasons to celebrate, congratulate and communicate our thanks to those engaged in the Tikkun project:
1) Tikkun is a youth-led partnership
2) Tikkun relies on the synergy of collective action
3) Tikkun fosters social justice, at the heart of our campus work
4) Tikkun promotes meaningful applied research
5) Tikkun embodies the UWindsor aim to contribute to a better society and a better world
6) Tikkun develops our international priorities and reciprocal links
7) Tikkun acknowledges that we are all educators in the broad sense of the term
8) Tikkun demonstrates that “we are all works in progress,” growing and learning throughout our lives
9) Tikkun depends on a growing understanding of the value of experiential and service learning to further its aims
10) Tikkun proudly contributes to leadership development on an international scale
The Tikkun Project - Posters
Mike Marcon, a valued member of our team, revealed his poster designers at the event.
Directly following this text are visual previews of the poster. Feel free to download these posters in their full PDF format below the previews. Click the "Download file" link to get the full sized PDF poster.
Please feel free to check out the video that some of the Windsor Youth Researchers created for the project.